- 4 pounds chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 lemons (cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes (baby)
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- Place the Smart Oven+ Grill Attachment in oven. Select GRILL Mode and preheat Grill to Medium High heat setting.
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels and set it on a cutting board. Flip it onto its breast and using sturdy kitchen shears, remove the backbone by cutting carefully down each side of the bone, starting at the tail end. The entire inside of the chicken should be exposed when you’re finished.
- Sprinkle the cavity thoroughly with salt and pepper, and then flip the chicken over so that it lies flat. Trim any excess deposits of fat from around the cavity. Drizzle chicken with 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Brush the remaining olive oil on cut sides of lemons and place on Grill with chicken, skin side down. Grill for about 20 minutes until skins becomes golden. Turn and grill an additional 15-20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken is cooking, fill large stock pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add potatoes. Cook until just tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes. Add potatoes to Grill alongside chicken for the last 10 minutes cooking time, turning once.
- Serve immediately with grilled lemons.