A quick, easy, and delicious way to roast chicken! This spatchcock chicken recipe is a must-have in your cooking arsenal.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper (fresh)
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (crushed)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (chopped)
- 2 pounds red potatoes (or baby gold)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Lay chicken breast side down on a cutting board
- Using kitchen shears, cut along both sides of the chicken’s backbone and remove.
- Flip chicken over and press down firmly on the backbone, opening out the sides of the bird so it lies flat.
- Heat broiler function of an oven.
- Mix garlic, anchovy, parsley, chives, chili flake, lemon juice, zest, 1 tsp. of fresh cracked black pepper and olive oil until homogenous to form salsa verde. Set aside.
- Switch oven back to 400°F (204°C). Season chicken evenly on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut larger potatoes in half to make even sized pieces.
- Toss potatoes in salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and chopped rosemary.
- Place potatoes in a single layer of a baking dish. Position chicken on top of potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until thickest part of the chicken breast has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Check to see that dish is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 4 to 5 minutes until serving with potatoes and salsa verde.
|Calories910Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.