Stir fry doesn’t always have to have an Asian inspiration. This decadent dish is hearty, takes only 45 minutes to prepare and is only 230 calories per serving. This Spanish-style Shrimp and Rice Stir-fry combines decadent ingredients with aromatic spices for a divine dish everyone will love. With four servings in this recipe it is perfect for a family dinner. Add these ingredeints to your next shopping trip and surprise your family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 400 grams shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cube shrimp bouillon
- 1 envelope saffron (powder)
- 2 cups water
- ground black pepper
- Cover the rice generously with cold water and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of room temperature water into a pan, add the rice and shrimp bouillon. Don’t stir the rice. Turn the heat up to high, and when the water starts to boil lower the heat to low, and cover the pan.
- Place a little olive oil in a pan, and saute the onion, tomato, bell pepper, and garlic for approximately 2 minutes.
- Blend the vegetable mix in the blender for 20 seconds; it should still be chunky.
- Pour the blended mixture onto the rice with the saffron powder and shrimp. Do not mix or stir. Cook on low heat with the cover off for approximately 35 minutes, until the rice is ready, and almost all the water has been evaporated.
|Calories230Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.