- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne (optional)
- 2 red peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 7 ounces feta cheese (cut into chunks)
- 5 1/4 ounces spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 6 medium eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ounce capers (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley (4-5 sprigs for garnish, the rest chopped)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 20 mins. Drain and allow to cool, then peel off the skins and cut into slices.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large oven-safe frying pan (about 11 inches in diameter) and fry the potatoes, turning, for about 8 mins. Season, adding a little cayenne pepper if desired, then stir in the pepper, onion and garlic, and fry for a further 4 mins. Stir in the cheese and the chopped spinach.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the milk and season to taste, then pour the mixture over the potatoes. Cover the pan and cook for about 10 mins over low heat. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the tortilla for 20 mins or until set.
- To make the dressing, mix the rest of the oil with the capers and parsley and season. Remove the tortilla from the oven and leave it to rest for about 5 mins. Transfer tortilla from the pan onto a large plate by placing plate face down on the pan and inverting the pan over the plate. Spread the dressing over the top and garnish with the parsley leaves, then serve.
|Calories730Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|