- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 200 grams black olives (green and)
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 500 grams spinach
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 3 rosemary (stems, cut into sprigs)
- 400 grams lamb mince
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 liter vegetable oil (for frying)
- 250 grams manchego
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 thyme sprigs (to garnish)
- Toast the fennel seeds in a pan without oil for 2-3 mins until golden and fragrant then remove. Mix the parsley and fennel seeds with the olives and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the spinach and sauté for 1-2 mins. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and roughly chop.
- Soak the pita in cold water for 8-10 mins, then drain and knead together with the lamb, 1 egg, spinach, and paprika. Season. Mould the mixture into 12 meatballs. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the meatballs and fry for 10-12 mins, turning. Add the rosemary and fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan until it shimmers. Beat the remaining egg in a bowl. Dip each manchego cube in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Dip the tomato pieces in flour then tap off the excess. Thread the tomato and manchego onto skewers. Deep fry in the oil for 2-3 mins until golden. Arrange the skewers on a plate with the meatballs and sprinkle with thyme. Serve.