®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Spanish Style PanzanellaCHRISSYBARUA
Spanish Style Panzanella
My favorite bread salad given a Spanish twist with chorizo, apples and Swiss chard. Perfect for brunch, topped with a runny egg.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Butter both sides (YES, both sides) of the bread and pop directly onto the rack until deliciously golden on both sides, cool so you don’t burn your fingers, and cut into 1” cubes.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the grape tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet, lightly coated in olive oil and salt and pepper, and broil until they are juice and pop easily by pressing on them with a wooden spoon, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, to a large saucepan, add the oil and the sausage and cook until the sausage is browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add the onion and apples and paprika, and cook until the onions are caramelized a bit and the apples are soft. To this mixture, add the chard and cook until the chard has wilted a bit, about 3 minutes. You can cover the pan to help this along.
- Once the chard has wilted, add the bread cubes, sausage and tomatoes to the pan, and give it a good toss to combine well. Season with more salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Add the parsley and top with cheese, if desired.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories490Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.