Be sure not to leave in the slowcooker too long. The rice will overcook and become mushy. Serve with crusty bread.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 15 1/2 ounces garbanzo beans (drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes (Mexican-style, undrained)
- 6 3/4 ounces rice mix
- 1 onion (large, halved, thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 2x1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives (drained and halved)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans, undrained tomatoes, rice and seasoning packet, onion, bell pepper, olives, water, garlic and pepper in 5-quart slow cooker. Mix until well combined. Place pork over mixure. Cover; cook on low heat setting 7-8 hours or until pork and rice are tender.