- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 chorizo (link, halved lengthwise, chopped)
- 13 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 drops Tabasco Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- crusty bread (to serve)
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté red onion for 3-4 mins, until tender. Add chorizo and cook for 4-5 mins, until crispy. Add diced tomatoes and Tabasco. Season to taste. Simmer for 3-4 mins, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 indentations in sauce and carefully break an egg into each. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 5-8 mins, until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top with green onions and serve with crusty bread.
|Calories260Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stephanie P. 20 Aug 2018
Turned out to be a favourite of ours. I do add a bit of parmesan cheese to the top before serving. Great alone or paired with breakfast sausage and potatoes.
Jessica M. 17 Feb 2016
This was okay. I didn't realize how big the tomatoes were until after I poured the can into it. I would have cut them up smaller. My family didn't really care for this recipe, but that may be because we're not used to eating this kind of food.
Winnie C. 26 Dec 2015
Sounds delicious gonna have to try this one, I love the recipes on here so delicious.. Don't need any changes as far as I am concern. I have tried a few now and everyone of them was delicious. thank you