Spanish Beef EmpanadasRecetas del Señor Señor
This Spanish recipe is a great main dish for any occasion. Tender ground beed mixed with peppers, and carrots create a sweet and salty taste. Every bite has a creamy and buttery texture, while the dough implants a colorful brown element to the dish.
- 240 milliliters hot water
- 20 grams yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams bread flour
- 1 onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrots
- 500 grams ground beef
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ground black pepper
- 100 grams white cheddar cheese
- 1 eggs
- 1Bloom the yeast in hot water mixed with 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix well in a glass. Set aside.
- 2Add the flour to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and mix well. Incorporate the yeast mixture. Knead the dough until a it becomes smooth, about 10 to 12 minutes by hand or 5 minutes by stand mixer.
- 3Place the kneaded dough into a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot to rise 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- 5Add the remaining oil to a skillet on low heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, garlic, and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the ground beef and saute another 3 minutes.
- 7Add the tomato sauce and a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
- 8Knead the dough for 1 minute. Cut the dough in half.
- 9Roll out one half of the dough to 1/2-centimeter thickness. Put on a piece of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
- 10Cover the dough with the empanada filling and cheddar cheese. Leave a small border on all sides of the dough.
- 11Roll out the other half of the dough to the same size and add on top forming the empanada. Seal the empanada using a fork. Poke a hole in the top so that the empanada does not puff too much.
- 12Brush the top with beaten egg and place on a baking sheet.
- 13Bake for 40 minutes until browned.
PER SERVING *
|Calories990Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.