Spaghetti with Pancetta Peas and MintKitchenAid
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups pancetta (or guanciale, diced)
- 2 cups garden peas
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil (high quality)
- 8 garlic cloves (each, lightly crushed)
- 4 ounces mint leaves (chopped)
- pecorino cheese (or Romano for grating)
- black pepper
- 4 large eggs (7/8 cup eggs)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 1/3 cups semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Sauté pancetta and garlic in evoo until crispy.
- 2Cook Pasta in salted water.
- 3Add fresh peas to the pasta water when the pasta is one minute from done.
- 4Add pasta and peas to pan of pancetta and garlic, with 4 oz of pasta water, cook for one minute.
- 5Finish with pecorino, sprinkle with mint and serve.
- 6Place eggs, water, flour and salt in mixer bowl. Attache bowl and flat beater. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds.
- 7Exchange flat beater for dough hook. Turn to Speed 2 and knead 2 minutes.
- 8Remove dough from bowl and hand knead for 1 to 2 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- 9Divide dough into 4 pieces before processing with Pasta Attachment