Buttery, flavorful, and featuring just the right amount of alcohol, this recipe for Spaghetti with Clams is a must make for dinner. Sauteed in butter, garlic, chile, and fresh coriander, the clams are then steamed in a Beirao Liqueur, a traditional…
Portuguese liqueur. Served atop spaghetti, garnish each plate with fresh coriander and a lemon wedge for additional flavor. Serve with your favorite crusty bread. This seafood pasta dish pairs beautifully with a dry white wine.
- 900 grams clam (white)
- 150 grams spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1/2 dried chili (large, finely sliced)
- 1 bunch coriander (including the stems)
- 2 tbsps. licor Beirão
- 1/2 lemon juice (and zest)
- Wash the clams well to remove all the sand, and choose the ones that are closed.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and add garlic, coriander stalks, and chili slices.
- Saute a little, add the clams, and saute again for 5 minutes.
- Add the Licor Beirão, and let it evaporate, cover the pan, but stir occasionally until clams are cooked. If the sauce is too dray, add little bit of water.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions with olive oil and salt to al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti, add to the clam mixture, and saute for 2 minutes.
- To serve, add the coriander, the rest of the peppers, the juice and zest of lemon.
- Spaghetti is a very cool for hot days and glad that insist on not drop us.