This pasta dish makes excellent use of two shortcuts to flavor: frozen mixed seafood and also instant seafood soup mix. These also make it possible for anyone to prepare the dish, even if they don't live near a source of fresh seafood. Plus the frozen variety are already cleaned and trimmed and ready for cooking. Rounding out the flavors are sesame oil, oregano, coriander, and fresh chives, plus lime (rather than lemon) for an east-meets-west profile.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 tomato (ripe)
- 1 package frozen seafood
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sauce (sesame)
- 2 tablespoons dried seafood
- oregano (to taste)
- coriander (to taste)
- fresh chives (to taste)
- 1 lime
- Boil the spaghetti in a pot of water with a little salt and olive oil until “al dente”.
- In a wok or frying pan, place the onion, garlic, olive oil and tomato and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the seafood, season with salt, pepper, sesame sauce and seafood soup.
- If needed, add a little pasta water.
- Cook the seafood and sprinkle with the herbs and lime.
- Reduce heat to low and add the spaghetti.
- Stir until combined.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with more herbs and lime.