- 5 pounds ground beef (I Used Ground Round)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole yellow onions (Large, Diced)
- 2 whole green bell pepper (Seeded And Diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 cup white wine (or Low Sodium Beef Broth If You Prefer)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14 Oz. Size)
- 1 can tomato paste (small, 4-ounce)
- 1 jar marinara sauce (Good Storebought, can Use Another Jar If You Like The Sauce To Be More Saucy Than Meaty)
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (Finely Minced, or 3 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes, More To Taste)
- 1 wedge parmesan (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 pounds spaghetti (Cooked Al Dente And Tossed With Olive Oil)
- parsley (Extra Minced, For Serving)
- parmesan cheese (Extra, For Serving)
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
Rashaundra Richardson 7 days ago
This receipe was the bomb.com
Christina T 24 Oct
Fantastic, I love making spaghetti but with toddlers in the house I lost my instinct and started blending all the vegetables into mush. When I finally tried to make my traditional spaghetti it was a flop. This time I used this recipe and it was darn close to what my traditional spaghetti tasted like. Thanks Yummly! Would highly recommend!
Evelyn Segura 24 Jun
Jayson Chesnutt C. 2 May
Magnifico!!! I added extra sauce and such after cutting the recipe in half... it was thicker than I prefer before that.
Tiffine Cantero 24 Apr
Absolutely loved it!!! Will definitely be making this again.
Daniel Lopez 12 Apr
My first time making Spaghetti sauce, and it def. made me look good. It was delicious!
Spendlove 15 Mar
It is great! Only thing i did differently was add some spices for the last half hour. I like some celery seed basil and italian seasoning.
Angie M. 4 Feb
Delicious! Easy. Works well for the crockpot.
Susan Grayshon 1 Oct 2017
Fabulous!! I added a wedge of parm and simmered for about an hour.
Kim Conway 24 Sep 2017
Amazing sauce! I will definitely be making this again!!
Will Lewis 31 Aug 2017
I've made this twice now and it turned out great! I would recommend adding two carrots and grate them! It's an old Italian recipe trick! :)
Wesley P. 12 Oct 2016
I added more red pepper (I'm from S Louisiana) and nothing else. This was an amazing recipe that all three of my kids and wife loved. Thank you Pioneer Woman!
Anita T. 19 Sep 2016
I absolutely LOVE this sauce!! lol I am so proud of myself for making homemade spaghetti sauce for my family and in home daycare kiddos!!! My teenaged son wouldn't eat the jar sauce anymore, and he is actually excited for spaghetti tonight!!!
D H. 13 Sep 2016
Amazing sauce!!! I don't change anything! My 4 boys love love it!!! Thank you again pioneer woman!!!!!
Amanda W. 12 May 2016
Really well. I halfed the recipe though because I only had 1 pound of ground italian sauauge. I only used a little canned sauce, and more crushed tomatoes. I also used Italian seasoning instead of the individuial seasoning, because it was what I had. It turned out really well! I'll be making this again for sure.