- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 bacon slice (1 cm. thick)
- 5 plum tomatoes (ripe, or frozen tomatoes)
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 1 red pepper
- 500 grams ground pork
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion and garlic and sauté in a large saucepan in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into cubes and add to the stew.
- Peel and cut the tomatoes into small pieces and add them to the pan, along with the tomato paste and chopped pepper. Let cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the minced meat and mix well. Remaining on low heat, let the meat simmer, stirring occasionally to keep loose. Pour in the wine and add the bay leaf, cumin, curry, pepper and salt.
- Cook on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you start running out of sauce, add a little bit of water.
- Taste the seasoning, and if it's a bit bitter, add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente in salted water. Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and oregano.