- 2 cups pork loin roast (cooked, cubed *)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- tortilla chips (crumbled, to garnish)
- cheddar cheese (shredded, to garnish)
- lime wedges (optional)
- cilantro leaves (optional)
- Sauté onion in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat with oil until softened. Stir in garlic and cumin. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and diced green chiles. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir in cubed pork loin and just heat through.
- Serve in bowls topped with crumbled tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Garnish with lime wdges and cilantro if desired
cathy 25 Mar
my husband enjoyed it and has requested this to be put on our home menu. my kids finished the pot.