- 3/4 cup quinoa (rinsed if needed, check the package)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped into small dice)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh-squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon Spike Seasoning (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper (or use regular chile powder if you don't have Ancho)
- ground black pepper (fresh, to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
|Calories280Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Chelsea Shore 22 Jul 2018
I made this about a month ago and have made it min 10 times since then. Just two of us, so it last a few days afterwards. We love it and never get tired of it!!
Zoe Bonaparte 4 Jun 2018
Great no modifications except I made double recipe
Precious J. 31 Mar 2018
A favorite that I go back to time and again.
Erin S. 7 Aug 2016
such a great staple to keep in the fridge. I sometimes use less quinoa than the recipe calls for and it is still great.
Jessica 9 May 2016
I didn't have green onion so I used a small purple onion instead. Great dish for summer and easy and fast to make!
Matt V. 2 Mar 2016
Love love love this recipe!!! What a great meal for year around! Friends and family love it as well!
Meg Morris 13 Aug 2015
I made this, liked it, and had good reviews from those with whom I shared it. I like things spicy so added jalapeño to the red pepper, used walnut oil in place of EVOO, and found Inca Red quinoa visually satisfying. I don't have Spike and have used lemon juice in place of the lime with decent results. I like this to fill half an avocado for lunch :)