Use leftover roast for this flavorful salad. Good for a potluck or picnic. Young chefs can help mix the salad and the dressing. Serve in bread bowls or with breadsticks.
- 2 cups pork loin roast (about 1 pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 16 ounces kidney beans (drained and rinsed, OR garbanzo OR pinto beans)
- 3 ounces black olives (pitted, drained)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large tomato (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Mix pork, kidney beans, olives, onion, green pepper and tomato in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar; shake to mix. Pour over pork mixture, toss and refrigerate several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.