Southwestern Pork Medallions with Cinnamon Couscous & Peach ChutneyPORK
This stylish meal sounds like it is quite a bit of work, but it comes together quickly, and the chutney can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight. Serve with a cucumber salad and crusty bread.
- In lightly oiled skillet, sauté bell pepper, garlic, red onion and jalapeno (wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles) for 2 minutes, stirring, until vegetables are wilted. Stir in peaches, brown sugar and vinegar. Simmer briefly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature, up to 2 hours, until serving.
- In large saucepan, bring water, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and butter to a boil; stir in the couscous, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- TO COOK PORK IN BROILER: Meanwhile, cut pork into medallions about 3/4-inch thick. In small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder; rub this mixture over all surfaces of medallions. Broil medallions 4-5 inches from heat for 4 minutes; turn and broil 3-4 minutes more.
- FOR THE GRILL: Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill pork medallions, uncovered, over direct heat for about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. allowing for a 3 minutes rest before serving.
- Serve medallions with couscous and chutney.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories540Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes