®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Southwestern Pork Medallions with Cinnamon Couscous & Peach ChutneyPORK
Southwestern Pork Medallions with Cinnamon Couscous & Peach Chutney
This stylish meal sounds like it is quite a bit of work, but it comes together quickly, and the chutney can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight. Serve with a cucumber salad and crusty bread.
- In lightly oiled skillet, sauté bell pepper, garlic, red onion and jalapeno (wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles) for 2 minutes, stirring, until vegetables are wilted. Stir in peaches, brown sugar and vinegar. Simmer briefly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature, up to 2 hours, until serving.
- In large saucepan, bring water, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and butter to a boil; stir in the couscous, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- TO COOK PORK IN BROILER: Meanwhile, cut pork into medallions about 3/4-inch thick. In small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder; rub this mixture over all surfaces of medallions. Broil medallions 4-5 inches from heat for 4 minutes; turn and broil 3-4 minutes more.
- FOR THE GRILL: Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill pork medallions, uncovered, over direct heat for about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. allowing for a 3 minutes rest before serving.
- Serve medallions with couscous and chutney.