- 4 pounds pork shoulder (trimmed of fat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes (diced)
- 8 ounces green chiles (diced)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- corn tortillas
- salsa verde
- avocados (Slcied)
- sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add onion, tomatoes, green chilies and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender
- Remove pork and cool slightly. Shred meat with a fork discarding fat. Spoon some vegetables from the slow cooker over the pork.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream, if desired.