- 1/2 cup tartar sauce (McCormick® Original, for Seafood)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (cut into serving-size pieces)
- 1/2 cup fish (McCormick®, Fry Seafood Fry Mix)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 avocados (peeled and sliced into thin wedges)
- Mix tartar sauce and salsa for dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve with salad.
- Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
- Dip fillets in water; shake off excess. Coat with Fry Mix. Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle fish with Old Bay.
- Toss salad greens, tomatoes and avocados in large bowl. Divide among serving plates. Place fish on greens. Garnish with fried tortilla strips, if desired. Serve salad with dressing.