- 2 pounds pork blade steaks (cubed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices monterey jack (thin)
- 1 avocado (sliced,, optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- Cut pork cubed steaks in serving-size pieces, if necessary. Dip in eggs. Coat with combined flour, cornmeal and seasonings. Heat oil in large skillet. Brown pork cubed steaks over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side. Place in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Top each pork cubed steak with cheese slice. Bake 3 minutes longer. Serve with avocado slices, sour cream and salsa, if desired.