Southwest Pork Chops with Spicy Pumpkin SaucePORK
This colorful and flavorful dish gets its inspiration from the Southwest, using native squash, smoked jalapeno (chipotle) and favorite spices from this region. Serve with cornbread and green beans in a vinaigrette dressing.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1 inch thick)
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 chipotles in adobo
- 8 oz. salsa
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In medium saucepan combine pumpkin, chipotle, salsa, cheese and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture almost boils. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl stir together brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper; sprinkle evenly over pork chops. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- To serve spoon about 1/3 cup pumpkin mixture over bottom of four plates; top with pork chops. Garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes