- 4 New York pork chops (thick-cut boneless , top loin)
- 2 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices havarti
- 4 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice each pork chop in half as though to butterfly the meat, leaving the fatty end intact. Combine bread crumbs and salt in a shallow bowl and set aside. Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of a slice of ham and top with 1 tablespoon of mustard. Stuff inside of pork chop and crimp edges of meat using your fingers.
- Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Fry each chop for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, flipping over half way. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers the internal temperature of the pork to be between 145 - 160 degrees F.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.