- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 12 ounces Smucker's® Seedless Blackberry Jam
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 10-inch fluted tube pan generously with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in jam.
- STIR flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl until well blended. Add to batter alternately with buttermilk, mixing just until blended after each addition. Stir in nuts. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For Frosting: MELT butter in small saucepan. Whisk in brown sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon over cooled cake.
|Calories370Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.