Southern Cajun-Spice Roasted ChickenYummly
A homemade blend of cajun spices make this Southern Roasted Chicken one of the most flavorul chickens you may ever eat.
- 5 pounds whole roasting chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- 2Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- 3Remove the giblets from the cavity of the chicken and discard. Rinse the chicken under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Liberally season the chicken with the salt and black pepper, to taste, taking care to season the outside as well as the internal cavity.
- 5In a small bowl, stir the softened butter and olive oil together until mostly combined. It is okay if some pieces of butter are still visible.
- 6With clean hands, rub the butter and olive oil all over the surface of the chicken, and under the breast skin.
- 7Transfer the chicken breast-side up onto the roasting rack.
- 8Tie the legs securely together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wing tips underneath the body of the chicken.
- 9Whisk together all the spices in a small bowl.
- 10Evenly sprinkle the topside of the chicken with all of the spice mixture, so that the breast, thighs, and wings are generously coated.
- 11Place the parsley and lemon half in the cavity of the chicken.
- 12Transfer the roasting pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 13Roast the chicken for 80-90 minutes, or until the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- 14Remove the roasting pan from the oven.
- 15Allow the chicken to rest on the roasting rack for 10 minutes.
- 16Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Carve as desired, and serve.
Cajun Cafe Bourbon ChickenCopykat Recipes
Oven Fried Chicken Leg QuartersThe Spruce
Cajun Chicken FricasseeDeep South Dish
Cajun Chicken LegsCheck it out
One-Pan Cajun ChickenEat Well 101
Easy Baked Cajun Chicken Drumstickssmilingnotes.com
One-Pan Cajun Chicken with PotatoesEat Well 101
Easy Cajun Chicken (Low Carb & Gluten Free)I Breathe... I'm Hungry...
Cajun Oven-Fried ChickenMyRecipes
Cajun Marinated BBQ ChickenSparkles And Yum
Roast Chicken with Moroccan SpicesLeite's Culinaria
Mediterranean Spiced Lemon Roasted ChickenCooking Curries
Harissa Spiced Roasted ChickenThe Not So Creative Cook
Spice Rub Roasted ChickenErica Julson
Spiced Roast ChickenLeite's Culinaria
Five Spice Roasted Chicken LegsSkinnytaste
How to Make Roast ChickenFood Republic
Five-spice Roast Chicken DrumsticksBBC
Slow Roasted Whole ChickenThe Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Sautéed Chicken Breasts In Garlic Olive Oil with Mixed MushroomsSonoma Farm
O-M-G BEST Crockpot Chicken EVERSerendipity And Spice
One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom RiceThe Recipe Critic
Caramelized Chicken with Mushroom Sauce and Grilled Herb BreadHow Sweet It Is
Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Brown Butter Garlic Lemon SauceThe Recipe Critic
#5. Shredded Chicken TacosWeekend Collective
Dijon-Maple Baked Chicken ThighsYummly
Chicken with Rosemary Butter SauceLet's Dish
Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies (Easy, 30 Minutes, Gluten-Free)Nutrition to Fit