- 5 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla wafers (finely crushed)
- 7 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (large ripe, sliced)
- 16 vanilla wafers (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave 1/4 cup coconut oil in medium microwave-safe bowl 25 seconds or until melted. Stir in crushed vanilla wafers and 1 tablespoon sugar until evenly moistened. Press into 9-inch pie plate to form a crust. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- WHISK remaining 6 tablespoons sugar, milk, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until bubbly. Cook and stir an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk egg yolks in small bowl. Add 1/4 cup hot filling to yolks, stirring constantly. Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil and vanilla.
- ARRANGE bananas in crust. Pour filling over bananas. Arrange wafers over filling. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Beat cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff. Spread over top of pie. Garnish with vanilla wafers, as desired.
|Calories910Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat520|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.