South Carolina BBQ Pork with Mustard SaucePork
Create a summertime sensation with this mustard based barbecue sauce. Serve with hush puppies, smoky baked beans, Carolina slaw and tall glasses of sweet tea.
- 4 pounds pork loin roast (boneless,, double loin, tied)
- 2/3 cup mustard (yellow or other mustard)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups snack chips (wood, use hickory or oak chips for best flavor)
- 1In small saucepan, combine mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Divide into two portions; set aside.
- 2At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover; drain before using. In charcoal grill with cover, place preheated coals around a drip pan for medium-low indirect heat. Sprinkle half of the wood chips over the coals. Place meat on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) is 145 degrees F., basting meat with one portion of reserved sauce the last 15 minutes. Add more preheated coals (use a hibachi or a metal chimney starter to preheat coals) and wood chips halfway through grilling. Remove meat from grill. Cover and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve second portion of reserved sauce with meat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.