Tartines are delicious and decadent ways to pack a lot of powerful palate pleasing flavors into one meal. This recipe for South American Tartine combines hearty beef with sweet peppers, aromatic spices and herbs, and cheeses, all atop a robust bread. This dish is perfect for any night of the week. The quick and easy dish will instantly become a family favorite. Once your family tastes this tantalizing treat, they will ask for it every week. Make sure you have extra helpings available, because everyone will ask for seconds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams beef (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons basil ketchup (culinary)
- bread slices (to taste)
- mozzarella cheese (diced, to taste)
- gruyere cheese (grated, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Add the meat and peppers.
- Cook on low heat and add 1 tablespoon of ketchup..
- Spread the remaining ketchup on the bread, and top with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and gruyere on top.
- Bake for a few minutes to a gratin.