Sourdough Fresh Herb StuffingYUMMLY
Whether eaten hot from the oven with gravy or smashed into post-Thanksgiving sandwiches, the stuffing combination of sourdough bread, mushrooms, and fresh sage never fails to please. Want to get a leg up on the big day? You can toast the bread up to four days ahead and store it in your pantry. The recipe is a Yummly original created by David Bonom.
- nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil)
- 1 lb. sourdough bread (crusty, 10 cups bread pieces)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (for mushrooms)
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for mushrooms)
- 4 onions (medium, 1 onion is about 1 cup chopped)
- 5 celery stalks
- 4 carrots
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (for vegetables)
- 1/4 cup fresh sage (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for vegetables)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for vegetables)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for stuffing)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for stuffing)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat a shallow 3 qt. baking dish or 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into 3/4-inch pieces. Arrange in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories230Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes