Sourdough Fett'unta with Whipped Chevre & Sauteed MushroomsYUMMLY
Fett'unta, or "oiled bread," is the OG Italian bruschetta: nothing more than toasted bread doused in high-quality olive oil, and typically rubbed with raw garlic. For this version, the garlic goes in the mushroom mix, where the earthy flavor plays o…
f the tangy goat cheese for a flavor match made in heaven. Use a sourdough baguette to make bite-sized crostini to serve as an appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, blend goat cheese with just enough heavy cream to form a whipped spread. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over high heat and add shallot. Saute for 2-3 minutes until softened, then add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to squeak and release their liquid. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until all the liquid cooks off and the mushroom mix becomes golden brown in color, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush both sides of sourdough slices generously with olive oil and place on a baking sheet in preheated oven. Toast until the bottom is golden and slightly crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Flip toasts and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Coat each toast with a generous smear of goat cheese, then top with a pile of warm mushrooms and a sprinkle of fresh thyme.
|Calories470Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.