- 3 cups water (wrist temperature, 95°F - 115°F)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast and honey in warm water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Start with 5½ cups flour; combine with yeast/honey water and stir with a wooden spoon. If dough is very sticky, add additional flour ¼ cup at a time until a very soft dough forms. Do not knead. Cover and let rise at least 2-3 hours, but the best results come when dough has been refrigerated overnight.
- Sprinkle a bit of cornmeal on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some flour on dough and cut off a grapefruit sized ball. With floured hands, smooth and stretch the surface creating a round surface. Place on parchment and let rise 45 minutes uncovered.
- Place the Smart Oven+ Baking Stone Attachment in oven. Select STONE BAKE mode and preheat to 450°F.
- Slash a ¼-inch-deep cross or # pattern on dough with a serrated knife. Slide onto Baking Stone and bake 25-20 minutes until golden and Bread feels hollow when tapped.