Sour Cream Coffee CakeKitchenAid
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar (packed, divided)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans (rough chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1To prepare Streusel Filling and Topping, add flour, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon to Work Bowl of KitchenAid® Food Processor fitted with Steel Blade. Process 20 seconds or until combined. Remove half the mixture to small bowl and stir in remaining brown sugar.Set aside for streusel filling.
- 2Add butter and pecans to remaining mixture in food processor. Pulse until pecans resemble pea-size pieces. Set aside for streusel topping.
- 3To prepare Cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick pan spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 4Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl until combined.
- 5Add butter and sugar to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl, Flat Beater and Pouring Shield to Mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds or until combined. Turn to Speed 5 and add butter and sugar. Mix 2 minutes or until light, fluffy and pale in color. Turn to Speed 2 and add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- 6Continuing on Speed 2, add dry ingredients in two additions and mix until incorporated.
- 7Remove ½ cup cake batter to small bowl; whisk in jam.
- 8Spread half the remaining plain cake batter into prepared pan. Top with half the jam mixture. Sprinkle with streusel filling.
- 9Spoon on remaining cake batter, remaining jam mixture and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- 10Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.Cut into 2-inch squares.