- 1 red onion (large, peeled& finely diced)
- 3 fat (fresh cloves of garlic, peeled& finely diced)
- 550 grams butternut squash (peeled, peeled, cut into smaller cubes, each about 2 cm x 1 cm)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (nearly level, just a little bit less!)
- 100 grams quinoa (soaked in cold water for 10 minutes& well drai)
- 2 chopped tomatoes (x 400 good quality cans of)
- 3/4 tomato (empty, can filled with water)
- 2 red kidney beans (x 400 of, well rinsed& well leaked)
- coriander leaves (:, cilantro a small handful, washe)
- Take a large Creuset pan with fitting lid or another big stewing pot with fitting lid. Place this pot on medium heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO. Heat up. When hot & sizzling, add the chopped onion & garlic& fry until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the chili powder, stir the chili round & fry for about 1 minute to give its aroma's off. Add a bit more of the EVOO is necessary. Then add the chopped butternut squash, quinoa, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes & 3/4 empty can of tomatoes filled with water. Stir everything well round & cook until it has thickened a lot, the quinoa & the veggies are cooked through. Cook with the lid 3/4 on & it will take about 20 to 25 minutes. From time to time, stir everyhting well round to prevent sticking or turn the heat a bit down. Take the lid off if you want to.
- When the stew is nearly ready, in the last 10 minutes or so, add the 2 cans of beans. Stir well through the stew. Heat up the beans. When your stew is ready, taste. It has to taste fabulous!
- Just before serving, add the roughly chopped coriander leaves ( cilantro ).
- Serve on a lovely plate with a dollop of sheep's Greek yoghurt on the side & enjoy with a loved one!
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.