- 3 cloves (garlic, peeled& roughly chopped)
- 1 red onion (large, peeled& cut into chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or more to your linking)
- 1 large egg (beaten loose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (herbamare)
- 50 gluten-free breadcrumbs (I used Schärs)
- 380 chicken mince (grs seasoned)
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- gluten free hamburger buns (To serve:)
- 1 slice tomatoes (salad leaves, tomato ketchup, mayonaise, thinly sliced cucumber slices,...)
- Take your foodprocessor & add the garlic, the cut up red onion, the beaten egg, the oregano, the herbamare, the chicken mince, the gluten free breadcrumbs & a bit of sea salt flakes according to your liking, all evenly divided over your foodprocessor. Pulse & mix until it all comes together. Taste! It has to taste fab & pungent with the raw onion & the raw garlic. Otherwise add some more oregano, herbamare or sea salt.
- Shape patties with wet hands, it is easier to do so. Shape patties, each about 0.5 cm thick & 7 to 8 cm long. Place them well apart on a large plate or onto 2 plates. They will be a bit sticky. Place clingfilm over the top of the plates & place in the fridge to stiffen up for 1 to 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before dinner, take the plate with patties out of the fridge. Remove the clingfilm. When you take the patties from the plate, they still can stick a bit. Fry the patties well spaced apart, until golden & cooked through on both sides, in a hot pan with a few tablespoons of the fruity EVOO in it. Drain them on kitchen paper & enjoy them with your GF sliced hamburger buns, some lettuce, some ketchup, some sliced cucumber slices, etc.