- 240 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 300 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 60 grams dried figs (the top, the stem cut out, chopped into pieces)
- 115 grams raisins
- 1 egg (organic, beaten)
- 75 grams raw sugar (unrefined cane sugar)
- 3 lavender honey (tabelspoons of, I used this honey because I like its taste)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds (+ 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds extra)
- Take a bowl & place the rolled oats in it. Add the 300 ml of the semi skimmed milk. Stir. Let the oats soak into the milk for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for a normal oven. I use a fan oven so it is 162°C for me, for about 10 minutes.
- Take your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid & take the fitting bowl. Put your K paddle in your Kenwood. Mix the flour with the baking powder. Now, sift the flour & the baking powder in your fitting bowl.
- Add the soaked oats & the milk into the flour mix, with your speed on 2 or 3 until well mixed.
- Add the dried fruits & mix well on speed 2, 3 or 4.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, honey, beaten egg & 3 tablespoons of the sliced almonds. Mix well on speed 2, 3 or 4 until it all is beautifully combined.
- When it is all well combined, take your silicon bread tin & pour the mixture evenly in it. If you don't have a silicon bread tin, use a normal bread tin & grease with butter & line with baking paper. This is a 1 kg bread tin.
- Take the 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds & scatter them evenly over the top of the bread.
- Place on to a silpat , on a baking tray & place into the lower part of the oven. Bake the bread for about 45 minutes until risen, golden brown on top & cooked trough.
- Test with a sewing pin, if the bread is ready. If so, carefully take it out of the oven & after 10 minutes or so, take it out of the silicon tin. Place it on a wire rack to cool down completely.
- When completely cooled off, slice into slices & enjoy with a bit of jam, honey or fresh ricotta! It also is yummie toasted! Store in an airtight container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|