I created this after looking at many butternut squash recipes and I put my Texican spin on it!!! It is light delicious and has that little extra something, something, hope you try it and Buen Provecho :-)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups butternut squash (diced)
- 6 mini sweet peppers (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crema mexicana (pourable Mexican cream)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (quesadilla)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- cilantro (garnish with)
- In a soup pot heat olive oil and butter, then add in butternut squash, sweet peppers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt and sauté until onions are clear.
- Then add in water or chicken broth, and simmer on high until boiling then simmer on medium until butternut squash is tender.
- Remove bay leaf and place drain broth into a separate pan and then puree all the ingredients until finely blended.
- Into the soup pot, add your milk and Mexican cream, stirring on low, when it is heated add in your puree stirring consistently until all is blended together, you then can add 1 cup of your broth that you have saved into your soup, it should be a bisque consistency, but very smooth.
- To finish you soup, you now add in your quesadilla cheese and you agave nectar, serve hot or chilled and garnish with avocado and Mexican cream with a cilantro leaf. You can also use as a base for lobster, shrimp or even bacon.
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.