This Mexican-inspired beef is packed with flavor. Tender sirloin steak is seared before being layered with potatoes, onions, and tomatoes for a filling and delicious meal. A bit of cilantro adds a nice bit of freshness to round out the meal. If you…
want to cook this on the grill instead of the stove when the weather is hot, try layering the meat and vegetables onto skewers then spinkle with chopped cilantro once they are cooked.
- 3 slices steak (beef, such as sirloin, about 1 cm. thick)
- ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (cut into thin slices)
- 3 coriander (sprigs)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 poblano pepper (grilled, peeled and with the seeds removed.)
- Sprinkle the meat with salt and black pepper on both sides. Cut the garlic in half and rub the garlic on both sides of each steak. Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Add half of the oil to a hot skillet. Saute each steak lightly on both sides, just enough to form a crust on each side. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, add the remaining oil and heat on medium heat. Add the onions and saute for about 8 minutes.