These vegan sugar cookies are unexpectedly soft and chewy - perfect for a sweet snack!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or cashew milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, granulated sugar, brown rice syrup, nut milk, and extracts until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until a thick dough forms.
- Form the cookie dough into 20 balls, and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes, until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges, and cracked and puffy on top.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Natalie 25 days ago
Added some personal touches and they were stunning. Fantastic base recipe!
tabasco 29 May
Surprisingly good, definitely will make them again. A little crumbly when they first came out of the oven, but when they cool they stay together better.
SarahMorgan 15 May
I cut the sugar in half because I made these for my little kiddos. They were just sweet enough but they ended up being quite crumbly. **Edit** I made these again, this time with 3/4 cup of sugar and the consistency completely changed. They spread quite a bit and turned out chewy.