When you need something salty, sweet, decadent, rich, and hearty, then this Soft Milk Chocolate and Cranberry Shortbread recipe will guarantee to please the palate. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this dessert that combines buttery shortbread cookies with decadent chocolate and sweet dried cranberries. Serve this at your next holiday party and the crowds will cheer for joy. We hope everyone loves these treats as much as we do!
- 120 grams butter
- 130 grams milk chocolate (baking)
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 40 grams corn starch
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 60 grams dried cranberries
- powdered sugar
- Cut the butter into small cubes, and leave it at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to a 150 degrees Celsius. Coarsely chop the milk chocolate with a knife.
- Pour the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the softened butter, and mix with your fingertips to get a sandy mixture.
- Add the chopped chocolate, cranberries, and a little milk, and then bind the dough.
- Form a crumbly ball.
- Spread the dough into a rectangular 20 x 30 centimeters mold.
- Smooth slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 25 minutes while monitoring that the biscuit doesn't brown too much (otherwise, cover with aluminum foil).
- Let the biscuit warm down for about 10-15 minutes, then cut into diamonds or triangles.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.