These cookies will become your go-to sweet treat once you taste their decadence. These Soft Hazelnut Cookies filled with Dulce de Leche are so good, you will want to eat them all. It takes 65 minutes to prepare this recipe that makes 20 cookies. These cookies are packed with palate pleasing hazelnuts. And how can you not want to try a recipe that uses an entire jar of dulce de leche?
- 25 grams hazelnuts (powder)
- 220 grams flour
- 185 grams hazelnuts (whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 100 grams butter (soft)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 jar dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 25 grams of hazelnut powder, flour, and whole hazelnuts. Cook in a non-stick mold in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the whole hazelnuts, and rub with flour to crumble their skins, mix.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts (using a rolling pin).
- In a bowl, add the chopped hazelnuts, flour, baking soda, and yeast. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the egg. Pour this mixture into the bowl containing the flour mixture. Mix without overworking the dough. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Put a little bit of dough in the palm of your hand, in the center add a teaspoon of dulce de leche, cover with dough. Form a ball and flatten gently on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes if you like them very soft, or 15 minutes if you prefer them very crisp.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.