- 1 package Classic Butter Golden Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy Home-Style Frosting (Classic Vanilla)
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack 25 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Place frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt® or tube pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 4 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Spoon the remaining batter evenly over pecans.
- Pour 2-3 cups of sugar into a sealable container. Combine with the zest of one lemon, shake well and store. Lemon infused sugar can be used immediately or kept for months, just like regular sugar.
- For a simple dulce de leche, submerge an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water, simmer for 3 hours (less, if you want it a thinner consistency) and cool.
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Use an egg slicer to quickly slice strawberries. Freshly sliced strawberries are the perfect topping to Angel Food cake!
- Reuse jelly, pickle or mason jars to keep your cupcake liners and icing tips clean and collected.
- Variety is the spice of life, so try different toppings on your cakes. We used spice cake with dulce de leche, fig preserves, powdered sugar, marmalade and ginger preserve, apricot jelly and honey.
- Clean caramel from a pot by filling it with water and letting it simmer on the stove—the warm water will wash it away.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
PER SERVING *
|Calories880Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.