Gingerbread cookies scream Christmas. This version is made with ground almonds so the cookies are super hearty and have a nice nuttiness that is accented by the warming gingerbread spices. You can bake these into any festive shape you like, but there is something so comforting and adorable about gingerbread men when you draw their little features on with icing. These cookies make a great gift to give around the holidays, who doesn't love an edible gift?
- 250 grams flour
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons gingerbread seasoning (blend)
- 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams butter (soft, cut into pieces)
- 1 eggs
- 150 grams honey
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 1 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have a food processor, place all the ingredients in the bowl with the hook, and mix until obtaining a ball.
- Otherwise, mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, almonds, spices, sugar and baking powder. Make a well and gradually stir in the pieces of butter, then the egg and finally the honey. Mix until obtaining a ball: the dough will be a little bit sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a floured counter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using cookie cutters, cut out biscuits and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Wait until the gingerbread men are cool to handle without breaking them.
- Mix the icing sugar with the egg white (and possibly food colouring if you have any) and put the mixture into a piping bag.
- Decorate according to your mood!
- Supermarkets sell ready-made pens for decorating cakes in the baking aisle (where the baking powder, vanilla sugar etc. are stocked).
PER SERVING *
|Calories1030Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.