If you want a flaky and rich sweet treat that you can serve during coffee with friends or for the next holiday potluck party at the office, then try this recipe. It combines sweet ingredients and decadent butter for a rich palate pleasing confection. Since they are thin and crispy treats, be sure to let them cook before eating or preparing because they are fragile when they are hot. Don’t forget to dust them with icing sugar.
- 250 grams butter (soft)
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 120 grams flour
- 250 grams cornflour
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, flour, and cornstarch.
- Using your fingers, knead the dough into a ball. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Take small pieces of dough (it looks very crumbly but kneading it a bit to make balls makes it more flexible ) and make into balls the size of a cherry.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Lightly press each ball with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 °.
- Let cool before dusting with icing sugar.
- They are very fragile when hot, it is important to let them cool first.