Finding the right dessert for the perfect celebration can be tricky. This recipe for Snow Egg is a rich and decadent way to show the people you invited just how much they mean to you. And by serving them in their own little jars, it makes them feel special. This recipe takes an hour to prepare and is well worth the time. It combines the decadence of heavy cream with salty and sweet ingredients.
- 90 grams granulated sugar
- 35 grams corn syrup
- 20 grams water
- 10 grams salted butter
- 210 grams heavy cream
- 80 grams egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 190 grams milk
- 170 grams egg whites
- 30 grams superfine sugar
- 30 grams honey
- 20 grams flaked almonds
- First, prepare the caramel.
- In a pan, over low-to-medium heat, cook 50 grams of granulated sugar, 35 grams of corn syrup, and 20 grams of water until you obtain an amber caramel. Carefully add 10 grams of salted butter, watching out for splatters. Finally add 80 grams of heavy cream. Mix and bring to a boil. Set aside and let cool.
- Then, prepare the custard.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 40 grams of granulated sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape it to get the seeds.
- Pour the milk and 130 grams of heavy cream in a saucepan. Add vanilla bean and vanilla seeds. Bring to a boil and leave to steep for a few seconds.
- Pour over the yolks in stirring with a whisk.
- Pour back in the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spatula until the mixture thickens. Remove vanilla bean and mix the cream in a blender.
- Cover with plastic film and set aside in a cool place.
- Prepare the egg whites.
- Beat the whites and start adding superfine sugar gradually when they begin to foam. Keep beating. Add the honey. Keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- At the bottom of each cup, pour 20 grams of salted butter caramel, then add 25 grams of beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake it for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the very cold custard.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.