The surprising combination of ground pork and shrimp adds a unique flavor to this easy Asian-inspired dish.
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 3/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (cooked baby, rinsed and drained)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and 1 cup water; set aside. Stir-fry pork with ginger, garlic and red pepper in hot wok or large skillet over medium heat, until pork is cooked. Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Stir in shrimp and heat through. Pour over noodles and toss to combine.
- Serves 4.