Snail Buns With Almonds And RaisinsOn dine chez Nanou
These Snail Buns with Almonds and Raisins are a delicious way to start your holiday dinner with family and friends. It takes 85 minutes to prepare this recipe that will be the star of the party. Once you pop one of these decadent and hearty buns in your mouth, you will want another. These buns combine sweet and savory ingredients for an aromatic and decadent treat that everyone will love and ask for.
- 1 1/4 deciliters milk (lukewarm)
- 1 1/4 deciliters water (lukewarm)
- 100 grams melted butter
- 50 grams fresh yeast (crumbled)
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 575 grams flour
- 150 grams butter (very soft)
- 75 grams sugar
- 75 grams raisins
- 100 grams slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon
- powdered sugar
- 1In a food processor bowl, mix the milk, water, melted butter, yeast, brown sugar, egg, salt, and flour and knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth.
- 2Put the dough into an oiled bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rise until it doubles in volum for about 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 4Punch dough to release the air.
- 5Roll on a work surface into a 40 x 40 cm square.
- 6Prepare the filling by mixing the butter, sugar, raisins almond slivers and cinamon, with a fork, spread throughout the dough with a knife.
- 7Roll the dough like a jelly roll.
- 8Slice the roll in 16 pieces. Place in a dish, spacing them slightly.
- 9Let them rise for 30 minutes.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes.
- 11To make a glaze, mix the juice of half a lemon with some powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.