Nothing is easier or smells better than this smoky “take” on the popular southwestern stew. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin pork roast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 15 ounces chickpeas (drained)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Combine pork, salsa, barbecue sauce, taco seasoning, corn and chickpeas in a 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on High 4-5 hours or Low 8-10 hours. Stir in beans, cover and let stand 10 minutes, enough time for beans to heat through.
- Serves 6.