Smoky Hot Chops with Cool Cucumber-Tomato SaladPork
- 4 New York pork chops (thick-cut boneless, top loin, about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco, plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing (or more to taste)
- 1In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, hot sauce, cayenne, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, stirring to make a paste. Divide paste into two small bowls, with about 2/3 of paste in one bowl, and 1/3 in another. Arrange pork on a plate or platter and use a butter knife to thinly spread about 2/3 of the spice paste from one bowl over both sides of the meat. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pork until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium), 4 to 5 minutes per side. (It’s okay if some of the spice paste sticks to the grill.) Transfer chops to a platter and spread remaining spice paste from second bowl on top, and set aside to rest 3 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make the Cool Cucumber-Tomato Salad: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, parsley and salad dressing, tossing gently. Add more dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Serve chops with cucumber-tomato salad alongside. Pass additional hot sauce at the table.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.