®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Smoky Ham with Strawberry-Chipotle Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Position the rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Line the bottom of a shallow roasting pan bottom with aluminum foil.
- Score a diamond pattern into the ham, about 1/3 inch deep. Place the ham, flat side down, in the pan. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F., on a meat thermometer, 15 to 18 minutes per pound. Remove from oven and increase the heat to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix the agave and smoked paprika. Brush over the ham (not on the flat side), return to the oven, and bake until glazed, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 10 minutes.
- For Strawberry-Chipotle Sauce: In a large nonreactive saucepan, mix strawberries and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until strawberries give off their juices, about 3 minutes. Using a potato masher or a large slotted spoon, crush strawberries in the saucepan to make a chunky sauce. Stir in chipotle, adobo sauce, and lemon juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in sage. Transfer to a medium bowl placed in a larger bowl of iced water. Let sauce stand, stirring occasionally, until chilled. In a blender, pulse the sauce until coarsely pureed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (The sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead.)
- Slice ham and serve with sauce.