- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- garlic salt
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle ribs with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Place ribs, rib bones down, on rack of a shallow roasting pan. Baste with sauce. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning and basting with sauce every 30 minutes. Cut into serving-size portions. Bring remaining sauce to a boil and serve with ribs.